Chicken Taco Rice
This quick dish is a great one to have on the back burner for the taco cravings and some of those nights that you don't have a whole lot of time. A handful of ingredients are needed and we highly recommend to serve with chips.
1 lb Chicken Breast
8 oz Tomato Sauce
1 Pkg Taco Seasoning
2 Cup Chicken Stock
1 Can Mexican Corn
1 Small Can Sliced Olives
2 Cups Instant Rice
Salt/Pepper to taste
1 Bag of Tortilla Chips
Shredded Cheese and Sour Cream
Utensils: stir spoon, butcher knife, cutting board, can opener (if needed), large pan with tall sides
- Place your pan or skillet on the burner and set to medium heat.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add chicken to the skillet, lightly salt and pepper.
- Cook until done and add the seasoning packet, tomato sauce, and stock.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and olives and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the rice.
- Cover and let sit until the liquid is absorbed.
Best served with tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream.