Easy Shrimp Tacos
These Shrimp Tacos are loaded with crisp shrimp, slaw, red onion, cilantro, and an easy shrimp taco sauce that is so delicious on top. They’re served over crispy corn tortillas, so they’re naturally gluten-free. This quick weeknight dinner took 30 minutes from start to finish. Enjoy!
Shrimp Taco Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sriracha or more
- Water as needed to thin sauce
- Corn tortillas
- 1 can of black beans (optional)
- ½ lb shrimp or more
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup avocado oil or other high-heat oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 small bag of taco seasoning
- 1 bag of coleslaw
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
Shrimp Taco Sauce
1. Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Add water, a few drops at a time, to reach your desired consistency. Set aside.
1. Place a large piece of aluminum foil near the cooktop. Heat a dry, heavy skillet over medium heat until hot. Add one corn tortilla; cook for 30 seconds on each side until softened and lightly charred. Transfer to aluminum foil and foil around the tortilla to keep it warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
2. In a medium bowl, coat peeled and deveined shrimp in cornstarch.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet. Shake any excess cornstarch from the shrimp and carefully add a few at a time to the skillet, giving each shrimp room to crisp up. Cook, often turning with a spatula until shrimp are pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add salt, pepper, taco seasoning, and fresh garlic; toss with a spatula just until spices are dispersed and garlic is fragrant about 1 minute. Remove from heat and transfer shrimp to a plate or platter.
5. Assemble tacos: top one warm tortilla with 3 or 4 shrimp and sprinkle with coleslaw, red onion, and cilantro. Drizzle with the desired amount of shrimp taco sauce. Add your heated black beans for an extra side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.