Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Need a quick and healthy meal during a busy week that can be easily customized? These grilled shrimp paired with vibrant colored veggies give your tastebuds a treat.
1lb of shrimp frozen or fresh
2 bell peppers (any color works)
1 red onion
1 bag of microwavable jasmine rice
Skewers soaked in water
1. Thaw your frozen shrimp ahead of time (remove tail if needed).
2. Preheat your grill so it’s ready to go.
3. Soak your skewers in water for 20 minutes beforehand.
4. Chop your bell peppers in strips.
5. Chop your red onion in long strips.
6. Grab your skewers and alternate between the shrimp and vegetables. Make sure the front of the skewer is fully covered with vegetables or shrimp.
7. Drizzle olive oil on top of the skewers and flip them so they’re evenly coated on both sides. Add cajun seasoning on top and flip them so the flavor reaches both sides.
8. Add your shrimp to the grill. These typically take between 2-3 minutes per side.
You can tell they’re done once they turn a light pink color.
9. Heat your jasmine rice in the microwave, and serve the shrimp on a bed of rice.
10. Enjoy. :)