Healthy Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This hearty baked potato soup is perfect for these chilly nights we have had. You get all the flavors and toppings of a baked potato but in soup form, my favorite! This is an easy dinner option and can also be easily frozen and heated up for a weeknight meal. Enjoy this healthy baked potato soup recipe!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups (about 4-5) golden potatoes, roughly peeled and cut into cubes
4 cups cauliflower florets
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup milk
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
Dash of cayenne pepper
⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add in white onion and garlic cloves. Saute until fragrant (5-7min).
2. Add potatoes, cauliflower floret, chicken broth, and milk. Season with paprika, cayenne, salt & pepper.
3. Bring to a boil with the heat on high, cover, and turn the heat to a low simmer. Let it simmer for 30 minutes, and then use an immersion blender or regular blender to blend the soup until smooth. You can remove some potato chunks before you blend them if you want to keep them chunky.
4. Feel free to add more broth if it’s too thick for your liking. Stir in the cheddar cheese until melted.
5. Season to taste and top with bacon, green onions, cheese, and any other toppings you like! Enjoy this delicious soup.