Pasta with Spicy Olives and Tomato Sauce
This spaghetti alternative with a twist is a great source of protein and an easy weeknight dinner option. Sarah Stalling made this delicious meal and wanted to share it. Enjoy! :)
5 tablespoons of olive oil
1-2 T pitted, chopped olives
4 cloves of garlic minced
1-2 red pepperoncini peppers sliced or chopped
1 can of diced tomatoes
Pinch of oregano
½ cup chopped parsley
1 spaghetti squash
Favorite grated cheese
Optional- Add protein
1. Saute garlic, parsley, oregano, olives, and pepperoncini pepper in olive oil.
2. Add diced tomatoes and cook for 5-10 minutes.
3. Cook desired pasta as directions specify. Sarah used spaghetti squash instead of pasta to make it healthier.
4. Adding a protein is optional, Sarah added chicken for some extra protein on top.
5. Drain, then add to sauce and cook for 3 additional minutes.
6. Top with your favorite grated cheese.
7. Fin! A super easy yet healthy recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make.