Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Haley and her fiance made these mouth-watering pulled pork sandwiches with a side of coleslaw and they were a huge hit at their bbq. This slow cooker pulled pork is the perfect mix of sweet, and smokey. Below are the two recipes for the pulled pork and coleslaw. Enjoy!
14 oz bagged coleslaw mix
1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Pinch of pepper
Pulled Pork Ingredients:
4 lb pork butt or shoulder
Salt (season to your liking)
Pepper (season to your liking)
Garlic (season to your liking)
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup sweet baby rays bbq sauce
1. Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl, then add ½ a thinly sliced red onion, ¾ cup mayo, 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 2 Tbsp granulated sugar, ½ tsp salt, and a couple of pinches of black pepper. Use tongs to toss.
2. Refrigerate until needed, at least 1 hour.
Pulled Pork Instructions:
1. Score the fat side of the pork with a knife. Coat with yellow mustard or olive oil as a binder.
2. Generously season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Place in a crockpot with 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar, 2 Tbsp of butter, and ½ cup of chicken or beef broth.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (depending on crockpot and size of the meat) until the pork is fall-apart tender and shred it.
5. After shredding the meat, add 1/2 cup of bbq sauce and serve on your favorite bun. We used brioche buns.
Optional: Smoke at 225 for 2-4 hours (dependent on how smokey you want it). If you don’t have a smoker, you can just use a crockpot and add 2 teaspoons of liquid smoke.