Shrimp Fried Rice
This homemade shrimp fried rice dish is another quick and healthy weeknight dinner option when you don’t have a lot of time on your hand. Only one skillet is needed for this dish, and personally, I like this fried rice recipe over takeout. Enjoy!
1 lb fresh shrimp or frozen
1 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp vegetable oil
¾ cup frozen peas, carrots, and corn
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp ground ginger
green onions for garnish
3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups cooked rice
1. Add the oils and shrimp to a large non-stick skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, flipping halfway through.
2. Remove the shrimp and place it on a plate and set it aside.
3. Add the peas, carrots, and corn. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
4. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant. Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet, add the eggs to the other side, and cook to scramble.
5. Add the shrimp, and rice back into the pan. Evenly drizzle with soy sauce and stir to combine. Cook until the shrimp are reheated and enjoy!
- To save time if you don’t have rice on hand, use 2 pouches of ready-to-serve rice instead!