Snowball cookies are one of my favorite cookies to bake during Christmas time. This is a delicious cookie recipe that comes together with simple staple ingredients you probably already have on hand. Serve them with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or egg nog for a perfect pairing!
2 ¼ cup flour
¾ cup walnuts finely chopped
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter unsalted, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup powdered sugar plus extra for dusting
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, walnuts, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Beat butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar with a mixer until creamy.
4. Turn the mixer to low and add flour mixture until combined.
5. Form dough into 1” balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the bottom edges of cookies are lightly browned.
7. Cool a few minutes until you're able to handle the cookies. Roll in powdered sugar and place on a rack to cool completely.