Spicy Chorizo Queso Dip
Grab a skillet and some chips and dig in! This dish was an impulse thrown together and my family was pretty happy.
It took about 45 minutes for me to cook. But I was distracted trying to keep my son away from the cheese, since he is a cheese bandit, and find some good cooking music. So I’d say anywhere from 35-45 minutes total for the dish.
1 bag of your favorite dipping chips
1 yellow onion, diced
3 jalapeños, stems and seeds removed, finely diced
1 green bell pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tomato, finely chopped
3 cups American cheese, freshly shredded
1½ cups Pepper Jack cheese, freshly shredded
1 cup milk
1 lb chorizo
1 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Grab a skillet and heat it up (medium heat is fine).
2. Cook the chorizo until fully cooked through.
3. While chorizo is cooking, dice onions, and garlic, and shred the cheese.
4. Drain fat and keep some leftover oils/fat in the pan.
5. Set chorizo aside, and toss in onions and garlic.
6. Dice peppers, tomatoes, and jalapeños.
7. When the onion and garlic become aromatic/translucent, add peppers and jalapeños.
8. Let them cook for just a minute or two, then add cheese, milk, tomatoes, chorizo, and seasonings.
9. Turn heat down to medium-low (don’t want the milk to curdle) and cover if possible. Stir every few minutes and let all the ingredients mix together until the cheese is fully melted and the ingredients are blended.
10. Remove from heat and serve hot!